ANNA MARIE DESIGNS - DESIGN TEAM


I was lucky enough to be picked for the very first Anna Marie Designs Design Team 
My eagerly awaited parcel arrived last Monday and here's a peek at what was inside 


It's a Christmas theme (did you guess)


Love all these products and if you know me, you'll know that I love, love, love
Crushed Ice Crystals 
and will apply it to anything that isn't moving 



2 MDF boxes to play with along with the MDF shapes too. 


Lots of scrumptious Glitz Card and A4 Mont Blanc Card


The main theme is using Christmas Napkins


And you can't make cards without base cards and I find AMD Mont Blanc Card Blanks

to be the absolute best



And here's what I created


For this card and throughout my projects I've used:

First thing I did was I painted all the shapes with White Chalky Paint
and dipped them into Glamour Dust


I tore the edges of the napkin and separated the top layer from the other 2 layers (keep these bottom layers as you'll see in a later project).
I sprayed the back of the napkin with spray mount and attached it to a piece of A4 Mont Blanc Card making sure to completely stick it down by using a brayer.
I then used a square die to cut out the front image square. 
Mat & layer the black card and silver card onto your base card and finally add your die cut layer.
I added a little Ceramic Effect to the trees and sprinkled with Crystal Ice. 
I created the Poinsettia Flowers using the Sizzix Tattered Poinsettia Die
I sprayed a piece of A4 plain vellum with spray mount and added the top layer of a napkin using a brayer to really flatten it down. Once dry, I cut out the flowers, brushed PVA glue all over each flower and dipped them into the Crushed Ice Crystals and left to dry.
The leaves are made from the same poinsettia die and I used the stunning Grass Green Glitz Card.
I brushed the edges with Ceramic Effect and dipped those into Crushed Ice Crystals



I love how this card has turned out, very luxurious :)

Again using the Grey/Sliver Glitz Card & Black Card to mat & layer. I cut a piece of Snowy Acetate
to size and added this using Pinflair Glue Gel in the centre only and left to dry.
I applied the napkin to a piece of Mont Blanc Card with spray mount and a brayer and left it to dry. Once dry, I used a circle die to cut it out and a further blank circle to add to the back to add strength.
Attach the finished circle to the acetate using Pinflair Glue Gel.
Using the bottom blank layer of the napkin I sprayed a piece of vellum with spray mount and stuck the napkin to it using a brayer to get it nice and smooth, leave to dry.
I cut out the flowers with the Sizzix Tattered Poinsettia Die
Once the flowers were dry, I brushed them over with Ceramic Effect to give a lovely textured look and then dipped them into Crystal Ice. I added the MDF trees.
Now the fun bit :)
Create your wreath by starting with the first flower at the top and then evenly distribute the other 4 around the circle. Fill in with pine cones, berries and natural accents.







Santa Napkin Tag Card


Using all the techniques described in the above project to create the Poinsettia Flowers from the bottom layer of the napkin. 


I've used an 8" Mont Blanc Card Blank, Brown & Cream Glitz A4 Card.
I cut the base mat of the brown glitz card to size and glued it to the front of the base card,
I cut the Cream Glitz Card slightly smaller.
Using this gorgeous Stencil Mask I secured it in place and then sponged Ceramic Effect through it then dipped it into Crystal Ice. Once dry I tattered up the edges with my scissors and then sponged more Ceramic Effect around the edges and again added more Crystal Ice. I stuck the top layer of the Santa Napkin to white card and distressed it with an Ink pad
and again sponged the edges with Ceramic Effect and added more Crystal Ice.
Then it's time to decorate :)


Using all the same techniques in the previous projects to stick the top layer of the napkin to a piece of card to create the front, distress the edges and added the texture and sparkle.
The flowers are from a second napkin image that has been stuck to vellum and die cut.
 I then used the same design napkin a third time on vellum and cut out some of the letters for decoupage. The pearl dots on the letter X were made using a Perlen Pen


I painted all the pieces of the box with White Chalky Paint and left to dry.
I then painted on Antik Lack left to dry.
I then added my final coat of  a grey chalky paint and waited for the crackle magic to happen :)
I applied a napkin to the lid and using the same techniques as in the
previous projects I decorated the lid :)

No comments:

Post a comment